Thursday, June 9, 2011

Easy Chicken Tacos

This recipe is one of my kids absolute favorites and it's one of my favorites because it is sooo easy! Now that I am a working woman again, it's great to be able to put it in the crockpot in the morning and know that when I get home, it's ready.

Here is what you will need for this recipe:

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (frozen is fine)
1 can chicken broth (I use reduced sodium broth)
2 pkg. taco seasoning

1. Pour chicken broth in crockpot. (If you do not have a can of chicken broth, you can use 2 cups of water with 2 chicken bullion cubes, crushed and stirred into water.)

2. Add both packages of taco seasoning. Stir to combine with broth.

3. Add chicken breasts, making sure that the chicken is mostly covered by the broth mixture. If you are going to be gone all day, you can add a little water to make sure there is enough liquid covering the chicken.

4. Cover with lid and cook on low all day. If you need them done sooner, you can cook it on high for 4-5 hours.

5. If possible, 1-2 hours before serving, shred chicken with forks and let it soak up more of the seasoned juice. (If I'm home during the day, I start shredding it earlier in the day and let it continue cooking.)

6. Serve on flour tortillas with your favorite taco toppings.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. This looks really good. My kids may actually like this:) Proud of you for starting a blog! Love it!

    ReplyDelete