Monday, February 6, 2012

All on a Sunday afternoon...

Getting My "Craft" On

This past Sunday afternoon, I decided to sit down and paint. I didn't have anything planned in particular. I just sat and stared at the blank canvas in front of me. For whatever reason, I decided to paint a cupcake. After all, cupcakes are quite trendy right now! lol


So this is what I came up with. Not bad for my first try at painting a cupcake, I guess. I love the fun colors. My daughter now wants to know if the cupcake will be hanging on the wall in her room now. Haven't decided that yet! Anyway, it was a lot of fun and I hope to paint even more cupcakes, etc, in the near future. Let me know if you need a cupcake for someone "sweet" in your life!


Here's another shot of the cupcake beside the Razorback I painted a few weeks ago. I'm working on some other designs for all you Razorback fans out there. Hopefully I will be able to finish it soon.

Then I decided to play with paint on a leftover foam board cross I had in my garage from last year's project of moss covered crosses. That plain cross had been staring at me all year! So I decided it was time to do something to it. I decided to paint some fun, whimsical flowers on it. Keep in mind, I am not done with it yet. This was all I had time for yesterday. I still have to add detail to the blue and orange flowers and then fill in the spaces with other designs. I think it's going to look so cool when I'm done. I love the fun spring colors, but I also think it would look great in just about any color.
Here is a close up of some of the flowers. Again, I still have more detail to add to them. It's definitely a work in progress. This is my "prototype" of future projects to come for Easter.

And finally, I decided to make a Valentine heart for MY door! I love the fun whimsy design this one has. Can't wait to get it finished and on my door.

Well, that's all I have for you today. Just a few fun projects from the weekend. I will be sure to post the cross when I get it finished. I think it's going to turn out great when it's finished. Hopefully this has inspired you to pick up a paint brush. You never know what you might create!

Blessings,
Melony



No comments:

Post a Comment