Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Teacher Name Signs

It has been awhile since I did much painting, but I really enjoyed making this little project. This is my second year in the Rainbow Kids Room at my school and I decided I would make a sign for outside our classroom door as a gift for the teacher with whom I work. She loved it and I think it turned out great. The colors are so vibrant and the rainbow fits in perfectly with our theme.

The size of the canvas board is 12 x16. Once I decided on the design, I used a pencil to draw it in. I just used basic acrylic paints to add all the color. Then I used a black paint pen out outline all of the different colors in the painting. That gave it a much more crisp look. Then I added the name in the corner by cutting vinyl on my Silhouette machine. In the past I have had trouble getting the ribbon to attach to the back using hot glue and other options. So, this time I had my handy-dandy hubby use his drill to make two small holes in the top so that I could thread the ribbon through and tie in a bow. It worked great.

Here is a close up of the painting. Sorry that it's a little blurry. I was in a hurry. Again, this was a really fun project and hopefully I will get to make more for other people in the future. If you would be interested in a sign, just let me know. Prices vary based on size and design.

No comments:

Post a Comment